helping high school students explore careers in design
We received additional funding from the City of Boston and are reopening applications for our 2024 DESI program specifically for students who reside in the City of Boston.
Do you question the things around you and wonder how you can make them better?
Designers do this all the time. We’re big thinkers and creative problem solvers. We take dreams and make them realities. And we want to teach you how to do the same. Design can be your opportunity to change the world!
- a current high school student.
- always setting goals and finding ways to achieve them.
- never taking anything for granted.
- constantly wondering and imagining.
- interested in a job where you get to think creatively every day.
- looking for a challenge.
- excited about learning.
- not afraid to ask questions or share your ideas.
- someone who wants to know how to make a difference in the community around you.
“I know now I really want to go into design.”
— Joydanze, 2020 SEED student
What You’ll Learn
The SEED online curriculum is a partnership between the Sasaki Foundation, Sasaki, and American Student Assistance and is based on the 2020 Summer Exploratory Experience in Design (SEED) internship for Greater Boston high school students, hosted by the Sasaki Foundation.
We plan to relaunch a new version of the curriculum in 2024.